Curls Done Easy

January 17th, 2014

To all my lovelies, here it is, finally, a hair tutorial that you guys have been asking for! This routine is how I curl and go, everyday (except if I wake up late for work haha). It might take a little longer for you guys at first, but I am use to it already and it usually takes me 10-15 minutes, it’s fast and easy. If you get stuck at any of the steps below, feel free to comment and I’ll help you out. Ready?

Step 1:
Apply CHI Silk Infusion Reconstructing Complex to the ends of hair to protect it from heat and to create a healthy shine.

Step 2:
Grab hair from sides and top of your head and secure it with a claws hairclip.

Step 3:
Take the first small section of hair closest to your left ear and curl inward.

Step 4:
Working your way towards the back of your head, take the next small section of hair and curl outward.

Step 5:
Continuing across the back of your head, finish the remaining sections alternating between inward and outward curling.
(Note: The reason for doing this is because it creates more volume compared to only curling in one direction.)

Step 6:
Release the hair that was secured with the claws hairclip in Step 2. Take the first small section of hair closest to your left temple and curl outward.

Step 7:
Keep curling outward until you have reached the midline of the back of your head.

Step 8:
Grab your bangs and curl away from your face while also rolling the curling iron in an upward motion.

Step 9:
Once bangs are complete, repeat Steps 6 and 7 for the right side of your head.

Step 10:
Once you finish both sides, grab small portions of hair on the top of your head and curl outward to create additional volume.

Step 11:
Run your fingers through hair in a rustling motion to relax the curls.

Step 12:
Show off your new look!

Thanks for reading and hope you guys will get the hang of it over the weekend! ;)

← Prevous Post: Railroads
Next Post: Slightly Dressy

Your email address will not be published.

23 Comments

1. Lin says:

Nice hair and colour! May i know if you apply post-curl styling cream/spray? The problem i always have is that the curls go away after a few hours.

Thank you for the tutorial!

2. desy pricillia says:

Thanks for the tutorial, your hair is very beautiful ..
    and i also love the colour of your hair, may i know what colour is it?

3. Bing says:

a,,,our chi bottle is still close????ur still cute:)

4. Elle says:

Great instruction! your hair looks fabulous,, but I am surer that I could not do that.
    XX, Elle

5. woah!! learned a lot from this post dear! thank you!! ♥ ♥ ♥

New post on the blog sweety!! :))

6. Your hair is gorgeous. My hair is only to my shoulders but I am going to give this way of curling a try.
    Barbara @ http://www.allmylivesnow.com

7. Vanessa says:

That was sooooo helpful. Thanks! You always look so beautiful in all of your posts. (:

8. Eva says:

love ur tutorial! juz a silly question… do u wash ur hair before u style it? i have been told its more difficult to style hair after u wash them.
    thx!

• Jenny Tsang says:

Hi Eva! I do, because my hair would be more fluffy and more volumed after the fresh wash. Some people like to style on a 2nd day hair, but for me personally, I like looser curls so washing my hair before styling actually works out better for me. Hope this helps ;)

9. rosdays says:

You look so pretty and the hair do is perfect! so professional!

10. Sonja says:

Ive got curls from myself, but this is so pretty! Is this alle your own hair?

11. Constance says:

I love how you explained everything. You look gorgeous!

12. Vivian says:

Yay! I’m so excited this is up, your hair is always perfectly styled~

LIVE.IN.LOVE

13. You have lovely hair! This is actually how I curl my hair, and I happen to use a Hot Tools curling wand too, they are the best!

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

14. I am trying so hard to do curls so many years but I always fail! I will try your way now ^^
    pretty hair <3 :)

Your email address will not be published.

@tsangtastic on instagram